So, here is the dyed fabric cut into 6 pieces for the tank top. This is the front view. The entire top is hand constructed. No sewing machine. This is my kind of project. I really don't like to be stuck at a sewing machine.

It is actually stronger than if it were machine sewed. The thread used is a button craft thread that is much thicker and stronger than all-purpose thread. The thread is doubled and a straight stitch is made along the seam line.

The inside seam is then ironed to the outside and another stitch is made to secure it down. I think that is the charm of this top.

This is what was accomplished yesterday. I still have the neckline and armholes to do. But, I forgot to dye enough fabric. So, I'm back to dying today. But, I will dye enough to make another shirt. Still not sure if this one will be for Adrienne or myself.

No comments:
Post a Comment