I spent today washing and drying my 100% cotton knit and then tracing a pattern from the one given in my new book for a tank top. Then I traced that pattern with tailor's chalk onto the fabric.


Then I held my breath and cut. I decided on a size and knew that it would fit one of the three of us girls. Then I could judge everyone's sizes from that one.

After cutting my pieces, I made my dye bath with Denim Blue RIT Dye. It took about 30 minutes of stirring it in hot water. I got on the RIT Dye website and found that they give you formulas for every color imaginable. I probably shouldn't have seen that. I might just go crazy now.
1 comment:
Well, looks like you are up to something new. Very interesting! Can't wait to see what comes next.
Post a Comment