There is a very cute dress in Alabama Studio Syle that is Inked and Quilted. So, Adrienne and I have been working on a test swatch. It is turning out really cute. I need to think of something to make with the swatch.
First thing we had to do was make a stencil. You can
download here. Adrienne used her art expertise along with an Exacto knife and pennant felt.

Then, we bought
Stencil Spray Opaque Fabric Paint in a pearl gray. I'm glad we worked on a swatch. This particular bottle didn't go very far and spit the paint out near the end. Although the color is beautiful. Next test I will buy textile paint and put in a spray bottle with a little water.

Next, we outlined the pattern with a black fine Sharpie.

Now for the quilting. I used Button Craft thread in navy.


I'm anxious to see if she wants a dress out of this. I think it would be very cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment