I am so excited about my new book, Alabama Studio Style by Natalie Chanin. It is full of beautiful projects, recipes and stories. I love stories and recipes that celebrate our southern roots. The older I get the more I appreciate my southern roots. In researching our genealogy, our family has been in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Tennessee.

Natalie Chanin has a beautiful way of adding applique and embroidery to cotton jersey knits. I love her style and can't wait to do a few projects of my own. I get excited when my girls love what I am doing. Adrienne and I have quite a few things we are in love with in this book. I love the applique on this blue dress.

I'm going to start with a tank shirt with just a little embroidery. This will help me determine the sizes that will be comfortable for both of us. I picked up 100% cotton interlock knit in white and a few boxes of dye. I will start with the denim blue. I'll let you know how it is going.

In the meantime, I have been quilting like crazy. I am getting very close to binding off my Currants and Coxcomb quilt.
No comments:
Post a Comment