Our small town has a farmer's market on the square every sat morning. I wish I had taken pics this morning, but I did take a picture of what I brought home. I bought turnips with the greens, squash, fresh milk and caramel cake.
I love the milk. It is pasteurized but not homogenized, which allows the cream to rise to the top. I bought the lower fat bottle, where they have already skimmed the cream from the top. It is sold in glass 1/2 gallon jars. I hope my family will like it. I just drank a glass with a piece of caramel cake. It was delicious.
3 comments:
I don't think I've ever had a turnip. Not that I know of anyway. That is one yummy looking photo.
You need to try a turnip, Phyliss. Remember us trying to find un-homogenized milk? Now I can get it.
Yes, I do remember that. I found it here but not close by and very expensive. I live around about a billion cows and can't get un-homogenized milk. Boo. We have planted our tiny garden. I may put a pic on FB sometime.
Post a Comment