Sunday, March 14, 2010

Making Lavender Lime Soap-Part 2


My Lavender Lime Soap is ready to take out. I waited a couple of days before taking it out of the mold. I think the coconut oil that I bought is making the soap softer than what I was making.

See how easy it is to peel off the Pringles can.

Here is the loaf ready to slice. All of the lavender petals came to the top of the can. I feel sure that it has mixed in more evenly before. Again, it may be the coconut oil that I am using. I make one inch slices that make about a 4 ounce bar.

I let them cure on a bamboo placemat for a few days. The longer you let them cure the lower the acidic rate will be. But they can be used right away.

I take a wet paper towel and smooth them out so they will look nice.
















No comments: