The soap is made with vegetable shortening, coconut oil and olive oil. These are melted together. Meanwhile the lye and water are mixed. This mixture will get very hot. It will need to be cooled down. Before mixing the two together they need to be at the same temperature of about 100 degrees.
Once the oil mixture and lye mixture are blended, they will chemically bond together to make soap. I can then add my fun stuff. This batch will get lavender and lime essential oil, lavender buds and lime peel.
Once the oil mixture and lye mixture are blended, they will chemically bond together to make soap. I can then add my fun stuff. This batch will get lavender and lime essential oil, lavender buds and lime peel.
My favorite mold is a Pringles' can. It is disposable and makes nice sized bars.
Once it is poured into the molds, they will need to be wrapped in towels overnight.
Hopefully tomorrow I can show you the sliced soap.
No comments:
Post a Comment