I love making washcloths. They are a fast reward. In a short amount of time, you can have a completed washcloth. I like to learn different stitches and try them in a washcloth.
I found this Mission Falls 100% cotton yarn in beautiful muted colors on sale. So I bought a couple of each. And, I love knitting needles. So, I got these 9" No 7 Bamboo.
Here are a couple of patterns that I tried with my new yarn and needles.
A Garter Stitch is just a knit stitch on both sides. So, just keep knitting.
Sand Stitch
Cast on 44.
K 4 ridges in Garter Stitch.
Border 5 sts in Garter St- Start pattern- border 5 sts in Garter St
Rows 1 and 3 (RS): Knit all sts
Row 2: K1, P1 Repeat all the way across (but, don't forget about the border)
Row 4: P1, K1 Repeat all the way across
Work this pattern until long enough
K4 ridges in Garter Stitch
Bind off on wrong side
I found this pattern in 2004, designed by Barbara Collins
King Charles Brocade
Cast on 43. (This pattern is a multiple of 12 plus 1)
K 4 rows in Garter Stitch for the border
Border 3 st in Garter st - pattern- border 3 st in Garter st
Row 1: (RS) k1, *p1 ,k9 ,p1 ,k1; rep from*
Row 2: k1, *p1, k1, p7, k1, p1, k1; rep from *
Row 3: k1, *p1, k1, p1, k5 (p1, k1) twice; rep from *
Row 4: p1, *(p1, k1) twice, p3, k1, p1, k1, p2; rep from *
Row 5: k1, *k2, (p1, k1) 3 times, p1, k3; rep from *
Row 6: p1, *p3, (k1, p1) twice, k1, p4; rep from *
Row 7: k1, *k4, p1, k1, p1, k5; rep from *
Row 8: repeat row 6
Row 9: repeat row 5
Row 10: repeat row 4
Row 11: repeat row 3
Row 12: repeat row 2
Repeat pattern 5 times. Then k 4 rows in Garter st. Bind off.
No comments:
Post a Comment