I had the privilege of quilting an antique quilt for a very dear friend, Angela. Her mother, Mrs. Oden, gave me the pieced Seven Star quilt in secret to be quilted for her. I truly loved working on this old quilt. It was pieced together by Mrs. Oden's grandmother. It took me a few months to get it done. Which is record time for me.
When I was finished, Mrs. Oden asked if we could have a luncheon at my mother's house. My mom, Donna, caters and loves to host ladies' luncheons. So we set up our surprise tea party. Angela and her daughter, both of our moms, our dear friend, Donna, and my youngest daughter and I. We had a lovely lunch. Mom made pecan crusted chicken on a spring salad, orange gelatin, a slice of cantaloupe, and raspberry tea. For dessert, she had key lime pie and coffee. Then we surprised Angela with the quilt.
The thought just occurred to me that the name of the quilt is "Seven Sisters" and there were 7 of us together enjoying the day. I sure had a fun girls' day.
Above photo: Angela, Donna and I
Below photo: Donna (my mom), Amanda ( my daughter), Anna (Angela's daughter), Angela, Donna, me and Mrs. Oden.
No comments:
Post a Comment