My girls and I went window shopping a little while back. Adrienne took me into a store that she thought I would love and I did. Anthropology had the cutest clothes and home stuff. I loved, loved, loved it. I saw some really cute embroidered dish towels that were $24 a piece. So, the frugal part of me would never spend that on a dish towel and the whatever other part of me thinks that surely I can make that. So, I found some transfer paper at JoAnn's with darling little girls doing the household chores. I pulled out my "vintage" DMC thread. I say vintage because I started collecting thread in the early eighties when I cross stitched. And, realizing that out of all of the handwork that I have done, I have really never embroidered. So, I went to the library to brush up on some embroidering stitches. I did a little research on the best dish towel to use. Linen is probably of the finest. Next would be cotton and the cotton flour sack cloths were rated pretty high. So, that's what I bought. So at $3 for the towel, $1.49 for the transfer and pennies for the thread- I have my first embroidered dish towel.
No comments:
Post a Comment